COVID and Flu Booster Vaccine Booking Staff vaccination appointment booking tool
The vast majority of the UK population has received a COVID-19 vaccine since the vaccine programme launched in December 2020.
To maintain this high level of protection through the coming winter the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) is advising that booster vaccines be offered to those more at risk from serious disease and who were vaccinated during Phase 1 of the vaccine programme (priority groups 1 to 9). The booster campaign is being run in conjunction with the flu vaccine campaign.
Health Call has relaunched an improved booking system to support NHS organisations in managing their winter vaccine campaigns and enabling staff to book their vaccine appointments.
HOW DOES THE COVID STAFF BOOSTER VACCINATION BOOKING APPLICATION WORK?
- A self-registration link is used for staff to book their vaccination
- Verification of individuals through the Patient Demographic Service
- Confirmation emails are received with details of the appointment.
- Staff can manage their own appointments via the booking system
- Reminder emails and/or SMS are received to reduce the risk of missed appointments
- Outcome of the clinics are recorded Staff receive email confirmation once their vaccination is complete.
- Booking teams are able to manage appointments on behalf of others.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE COVID STAFF VACCINATION BOOOKING APP?
- Register their staff via our API or invite their staff to self-enrol via our PDS matching functionality.
- Create multiple clinics if running separate COVID and booster and flu clinics
- Fully configure emails, SMS, organisation selection and outcomes allowing increased flexibility
- Manage appointments on behalf of staff
- Lock clinics so that only admin can book appointments and not staff members
- Manage clinic capacity through a dashboard
- Provide outcome reports of the clinics
- A self-enrolment link that can be distributed by the organisation in a way that suits their needs.
- Validation against the Personal Demographic Service (PDS) to ensure data quality.
- Self-management of appointments .
- Option for booking staff to manage appointments on behalf of others.
- Appointment reminders.
- a ‘vaccinations booked’ dashboard.