Digital Outpatient’s Portal Manage outpatient services with a fully integrated, end-to-end digital solution
The Long Term Plan issued in 2019 mandates that the NHS reduces face to face outpatient appointments by one third. The aim is to encourage services to be arranged around people’s lives and embrace new technology.
This work also plays a significant role in supporting hospital services during the COVID-19 pandemic and will be key to the recovery of outpatient services going forward.
Digital Outpatient’s Portal gives hospitals a way of managing their outpatient clinics digitally. The service means that healthcare teams can manage a mix of face to face, telephone and virtual interactions. They can manage and capture a range of outputs from the consultation and help them to manage patient flow using digital tools.
How does digital outpatient’s portal work?
- Driven by the trust patient administration system (PAS) or trust integration engine (TIE), without need for manual intervention.
- Understands patients contact preferences and uses them to drive patient flow.
- Invites patients to outpatient appointments using digital letters.
- Prompts patients to complete pre-assessment information to allow elective resource planning.
- Reminds patients about their appointment and prompts them to act if they are unable to attend.
- Manages flow of physical and virtual flow with car park check-in which allows teams to reduce physical traffic on hospital sites.
- Facilitates video or voice appointments using our digital platform.
- Captures consultation outcomes and updates clinical record.
- Follow ups with patient questionnaires such as Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) and Friends and Family.
Digital Outpatient’s Portal is a modular product so can be adapted based on trust requirements.
- Video, voice and physical appointment delivery.
- Patient flow management including car park check-in.
- Appointment reminders.
- Digital letters.
- Pre-appointment questionnaires.
- Patient contact preferences.
- Outcome forms.
- System integration with PAS and/or TIE.
- Patient feedback forms such as PROMs.
- Clinic list management.
What are the benefits of Digital Outpatient’s portal?
- Significant reduction in costs related to letter production and associated postal costs.
- Reduces the need for physical waiting room capacity.
- Reduces COVID-19 transmission risk through virtual check-in and video or voice appointment option.
- Removal of the need for paper records through seamless link to care records.
- Improvement to did not attend (DNA) rates.
- Supports delivery of NHS Long Term Plan.
- Supports the deliver of a ‘net zero’ NHS.
Digital Outpatient’s Portal is available on the DFOCVC framework.